17.3.13

A Little Piece of Lipstick History...

I just thought I would share this little gem I have with you all!

This is my Great Grandma's red lipstick that I now amazingly have in my possession!

The case is some kind of metal and at the top is a gorgeous little jewelled flower! The lipstick comes up by sliding a little lever up and down instead of the modern twist motion!

The actual lipstick itself is the most beautiful red and I can just imagine my Great Grandma wearing it in around 1930s!

I don't know the exact history of this lippy as there's no one to ask who would know now! But I thought I'd show you all as I just think it's so beautiful!

Can you imagine if they made lipsticks like this now?!

3 comments:

  1. How amazing! They should sooo make lipsticks like this now, it's gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I јust like the helpful infоrmаtiοn you supply on your
    aгticleѕ. I will booκmark your ωеblοg and checκ
    οnce mоre here frequentlу. I'm slightly sure I will learn many new stuff proper here! Good luck for the following!

    my blog :: herbal incense spice

    ReplyDelete